Monday, May 6, 2013

Don't Stop Believin'

As I write this, I'm singing that line from the song... "Don't stop believing..."

Oh, how I love me some '80s music! The band Journey nailed it on the head with this lyric.

But today the song is a good reminder to me personally to keep on believing. This week, we got disappointing news about my body for our fertility journey. It is nothing that can't be corrected or overcome, but we have to wait a few months to see if my body heals itself or if medical intervention may be necessary.

At first, I was devastated. I called my husband and then my mother just in tears. I said, "It's all my fault that we're not pregnant!"

Thankfully, both my husband and my mother spoke Truth into my hurt and life. What is going on with my body is NOT my fault - it is merely my genetics and I'm only one in millions and millions of women that have this condition. So, no, not being pregnant at this moment is NOT my fault.

Then, God spoke Truth into my hurt and my heart. God's Truth is that He can overcome any obstacle. As a friend pointed out, God created our Savior Jesus in Mary's womb without any sperm!!!! If God can do that, God can certainly overcome the obstacles I am currently facing in our fertility journey. No amount of physical issues, stress/anxiety over work, or allergies can stop such a powerful God if He wants to place a child in my womb. Nothing!!!

I am believing God for a miracle. I am believing that God is all-powerful and merciful. This does not change if I get pregnant this month, or next, or next year, or heaven forbid... never. God will still be all-powerful, loving, and merciful whether or not a child grows within my body. But I am choosing to believe that He will allow this miracle to happen for me and that it will happen soon.

So, today, I will not stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment